Please join us at our Annual Meeting on Sunday March 19th, 1pm-2pm, at the Bethany Reformed Church, 760 New Scotland Avenue (at Buckingham Drive stoplight). We will be providing an update of our activities this past year which include the following:
- Draft designs created and significant funds raised towards an updated and more inclusive playground including $10,000 from the Bender Family Foundation and $20,000 from the City of Albany
- $15,000 anonymous grant through the Jewish Federation of Northeastern NY towards shoreline stabilization, path improvements, habitat restoration, and the playground project
- A focus on invasive species: Addressing the Japanese knot weed problem with help from the City Water Department, and community education with Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM)
- A commitment from the Department of General Services and the Water Department to develop a master plan for path improvements and shoreline stabilization efforts at the east end of the pond.
- Various improvements around the park including a new storm drain and drainage system for the parking lot.
- Completion of a playground and park usage and improvement survey with nearly 200 respondents.
Secondly, it’s also the time of year when our annual memberships are up for renewal. You can join or renew for 2017 at the meeting, online here, or by mail at PO Box 8352 Albany, NY 12208. With major improvements in the planning phase and implementation sometime this summer, it’s an exciting time for our Conservancy. So we’d love to see you at the meeting. And if you can’t make the meeting, please be sure to renew your membership for 2017.
Get out the ice skates, bring your family and friends to enjoy ice skating and Hot Chocolate on Buckingham Pond.
Sunday 2/12/2017 1:00 - 3:00 pm